Xpressions members interact with each other, their families and our guests in a friendly, and respectful manner, whether in person, or online. To help ensure Xpressions remains a safe environment for all participants, our events, and online spaces are governed by our code of conduct.
If an Xpressions member or guest feels that they have been negatively impacted by someone violating the Code of Conduct, they should report the situation immediately to a member of the Board of Directors in person, or to firstname.lastname@example.org The Board, or a designated committee of the Board will investigate reported violations, including discussing the situation with the member(s) involved, and may then take disciplinary action against the member(s) who violated the Code. Disciplinary actions may range from a warning to temporary restrictions in member privileges, to outright removal of membership depending on the specific situation.
Xpressions Code of Conduct
- Xpressions is open to any adult who self-identifies as trans, and is inclusive of all trans identities and expressions. Members may not discriminate, verbally, or in writing, against other members or guests based on their gender identity or gender expression.
- Xpressions members may self-identify however they choose and/or with whatever pronoun they choose. Members shall address, both verbally and in writing, other members and guests with the gender identity and/or pronoun the individual prefers. Deliberate mis-gendering will not be tolerated.
- Xpressions events are generally held in public locations (restaurants, pubs, cinemas, etc) and are open to partners, family members and guests. It is therefore important that Xpressions members dress appropriately for such locations. Generally, a casual to smart casual style is appropriate for most of our events.
- Xpressions has a zero tolerance policy for sexual harassment, i.e, any conduct, comment, gesture or contact of a sexual nature that one would find to be unwanted, offensive or unwelcome.
- Xpressions has a zero tolerance policy for personal harassment, i.e. any conduct whether verbal or physical that is discriminating in nature, based upon another person’s race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, political beliefs, religion, marital status, physical or mental disability, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.